We really enjoy pancakes in our house. Whether its a quick protein pancake as we’re rushing around on a Monday morning or a from-scratch-batch made while we linger in our fluffy socks and cozy pjs on a Saturday morning, we get pumped about pancakes. I had some extra eggnog in the fridge last week and figured I’d try my hand at a seasonally flavored stack. Pancakes will most likely be the breakfast of choice come Christmas morning, so you see I had to give these eggnog pancakes a test run.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup whiskey (we used bourbon)
- Pomegranate seeds & maple syrup (for serving)
- In a large mixing bowl. whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt & nutmeg).
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients (eggnog, eggs, butter & whiskey).
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture.
- Whisk everything together until just combined.
- Heat a large griddle pan over medium/medium-high heat.
- Butter or grease the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, pour ⅓ cup-fulls of the batter onto the griddle in rounds.
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown before flipping pancakes and cooking until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve with a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.
Recipe inspired by Cooking Classy.
If eggnog isn’t your thing, these gingerbread pancakes are a delicious seasonal option as well. I know it’s been a little while since I’ve posted here, and I fully intend to get back into a regular groove in the coming year. There are lots of #kurtantravels to share (London, Paris, etc) and exciting things in the works for 2017. But just in case my next visit isn’t for another week or two, I wish you the absolute happiest of holidays and all the luck for the new year!
P.S. Seriously though, consider some fluffy socks. Wearing them will make your pancakes taste that much better.