I was so excited to get home and start cooking this meal, I actually forgot to pick Chandler up from doggie day care. (Yes, we’re those people, ha! This dog will forever be our first child.) I also completely forgot that I wanted to thinly slice and grill some zucchini too, but it probably turned out for the best because the title of this post was already long enough ;-).
I’m pretty sure I’ve said it before, but The Hominy Grill’s grits recipe is the only one you need. This time I subbed in goat cheese for the cheddar & parmesan and then sprinkled extra on top for god measure. Always use good, high-quality stone ground grits though. It will make a difference.
- chicken thighs
- really good sausage
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- goat cheese grits
- parsley for serving
- Get your grill going
- Start the grits on the stove
- Throw chicken, sausage and artichoke hearts on the grill (make a little aluminum foil dish for your artichoke hearts and drizzle a little olive oil on them and put that on the grill)
- Remove things from grill as they are cooked.
- Once all meat, artichokes and grits are done, plate, sprinkle with extra goat cheese and chopped parsley, serve and enjoy!
Craving some shrimp or have a different protein on hand? Use the herby goat cheese grits as the base and build the perfect summer dinner platter out of whatever suits your fancy!
Oh and don’t forget dessert! I kept it super easy and whipped up some gluten free chocolate brownies from a box I had in the pantry and studded them with some sliced strawberries and a tahini drizzle. So good!0