You’re not sick of pumpkin recipes already, are you? Me neither! After discovering the joy that is a pumpkin chai tea latte (made with real pumpkin!) at a coffee shop near my office, I can’t seem to get enough of the flavor combination. I’m still working on the homemade version of that dreamy pumpkin chai latte, but in the meantime I’ll happily enjoy some tea infused bread.
- 1 cup cashew butter (or nut/seed butter of your choice)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 banana mashed
- 2 chai tea bags (you just want the tea spices from the bags)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of your choice (I like this one or this one)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend (I just eyeball it, but tend to go heavy)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the banana. Then add the cashew butter, eggs and pumpkin puree. Whip everything together with a whisk or fork (much like if you were going to scramble eggs.) Add the tea spices and mix together. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix together again until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Allow the bread to rest/cool a little bit before slicing. Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
(adapted from this recipe by PaleOMG)
This makes a great on-the-go breakfast, mid-afternoon snack or post-workout fuel. It’s great warm so I would recommend throwing it in the toaster oven if you can for a few minutes before chowing down.0